Sunday, April 17, 2011

And the Ecstasy

Yesterday I ended by talking about a mirror, today, I would like to expand upon that.

In 1 Corinthians 13:12 it says, "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known." This is talking about the culmination of our knowing God, and what we strive to prepare for... eternity. Jesus said in John 17:3, "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." Can you imagine that, beloved? To not only see and be with God for eternity, but to "gaze upon Him with an unveiled face" (1 John 3:1-4), nothing hiding Him from our view, we see Him as He is, to know our beloved one freely and fully. Our sin and shame no longer in the way. To know the infinite and to be like Him. This, beloved, is what we prepare for.

When my life work is ended, and I cross the swelling tide,
When the bright and glorious morning I shall see;
I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side,
And His smile will be the first to welcome me.
Fanny Crosby - My Savior First of All

No comments:

Post a Comment